De Guifi.net - Wiki Hispano
- Based on OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1
- Removed "firewall" package (which is included by default in vanilla OpenWrt/LEDE), since it's not really being used in LibreMesh setup. It can always be installed on a case-by-case basis using opkg.
- Removed "odhcpd" since we're not using it at the moment (we use dnsmasq)
- Removed "odhcp6c" since we're not using it at the moment (we still haven't solved how to deal with native IPv6 coming over WAN, i.e. propagate a delegated prefix over the mesh in a reasonable way)
- New default packages: "lime-hwd-openwrt-wan" and "lime-proto-wan". This checks if there's a WAN port, and automatically configures as "wan" proto (lime-proto-wan). The "wan" proto let's you assign in /etc/config/lime, for example, 802.1ad VLANs over the WAN port.
- New default package: "lime-hwd-ground-routing". Allows you to configure 802.1q VLANs on embedded switches, so that you can separate specific ports and put
- New default package: "bmx6-auto-gw-mode", so that when a node detects (with watchping) it can ping 18.104.22.168 over WAN port, a bmx6 tunIn is created on-the-fly, and Internet is shared to the rest of the clouds.
- Workaround for an spurious log message caused by BATMAN-Adv ("br-lan: received packet on bat0 with own address as source address"): a "dummy0" interface is created and added to bat0, with a slightly different MAC address
- New available packages: "lime-proto-bgp", allows to do BGP with bird daemon; and "lime-proto-olsr", "-olsr2" and "-olsr6", which add support for all versions of OLSR.
- Some new settings possible in /etc/config/lime-defaults
- wireless.htmode lets you preset the htmode for any wireless radio (or htmode_2ghz and htmode_5ghz for specific bands)
- wireless.distance is the equivalent, for setting distance (and distance_2ghz / _5ghz)